Why exactly the drinker
To do this, you need special dishes designed specifically for guinea pigs. This, of course, is far from the best option. In this case, there should be no problems with the allocation of garbage and even excrement. Because of what, she will have to deliver and dry.
This option can quickly flip
But there are also disadvantages. First of all, this is the cost. The owners of the funny spray are willing to pay her. In addition, there is always a risk of acquiring a poor-quality drinking bowl. It can leak or break quickly. The product is made from this material – safe or not. A plastic container will become dirty sooner or later.
Small jars, for example, from under baby food, can be attributed to the simplest homemade drinkers. And they do not want the best. Yes, you have higher sides than saucers, but an inquisitive animal will sooner or later pollute it too. In addition, the overturning of such jars is quite possible.
How to make a do-it-yourself drinker for a guinea pig
It is important to remember that for a long time to do without water. In addition, the liquid offered to her must be fresh and clean. If this is not the case, then you may have health problems. A new pet will appear in this house.
This is a drinker from a plastic bottle. It is clear that it should be small – no more than 500 ml. In any case, the manufacturing process should be available to everyone, even a beginner homemade craftsman:
- take a pair of scissors or a stationery knife, and then cut the bottle into about two equal parts;
- make an ordinary drinking straw (straw), as well as a nail. The diameter of the nail should be slightly smaller than paying for a straw;
- Then heat the nail and use it to make a hole in the bottle cap. The holes may not be as smooth as when melting plastic;
- the tube must be inserted into the resulting hole. To stretch and replace. Make sure that the pipe is very tightly connected to the cover – this will help to prevent leakage;
- screw the lid with the inserted straw and drive the tube out at an angle of about 45 degrees – that is, it should look up;
- after that, draw water into a makeshift drinker and pull it through the straw. This will help draw air out of the water.
To get to the end of the duct. And reverse bending expects unauthorized leakage of water. You can still use wire or, better yet, gum. It can be replaced with a new one.
You can fix the drinker with a wire
This is a very simple option, which has obvious advantages – ease of manufacture, no need to purchase specific parts, the ability to quickly replace worn items. For example, a straw cannot boast at least some structural strength. Guinea pigs quickly turn into water, which can lead to stretching of the plastic.
Ball drinking bowl
Guinea pig needs a special ball-drinking bowl
This is not so difficult. The main thing is patience and attentiveness. In addition, there is nothing unusual in this system.
The water supply pipe here overlaps a small ball. This bearing moves freely, so that water will flow out. This makes water and drinks water. When he finishes doing this, the bearing returns to its place.
Here is what you will need to do:
- take an empty casing from a regular ballpoint pen and a ball from a bicycle bearing;
- Launch the ball into the body and mark where it should be cut using a standard hacksaw;
- there is no need to go further until there are balls;
- the next step is to prepare the bottle. Make a small hole in the bottom of the case, and then insert the prepared tube into it. Be sure to seal the joint – use ordinary glue or, even better, silicone sealant. The angle of the tube is approximately 45 degrees. Consider in such a way that water could flow out quietly;
- the final stage – all you need are cells with wire or elastic.
How to teach a pig to a drinker
Sometimes a pet may not understand how a drinker with a ball mechanism works. In any case, you definitely need to help him. Remember that water should catch a cold and start sneezing.
If you need more time to draw attention to the source of water.
If you want to resolve the issue using a manual parameter.
You can also wet your finger in the drinker by pushing the ball and letting it lick the pig. All this should happen before her eyes. This means that the animal will quickly realize that it can drink water.
Do-it-yourself drinking bowl for guinea pigs is simple and profitable.