At the initial stage of building the cage, the optimal dimensions of the home should be studied. The generally accepted standards are:
- One rodent occupies – 70 100 cm.
- Two individuals – 70 140 cm.
- For three animals – 70 170 cm.
- Four pets – 70 210 cm.
Before you begin designing cells, you must accept the following conditions:
- Selection of a place for the cage. The room should be dry, clean, equipped with ventilation. Room for free communication. The rodent will adapt faster if it hears human speech.
- The cage should be installed on a stable plane, inclinations and rickety surfaces are not allowed.
- The height of the finished product should not be less than 35-40 cm. If the height to the ceiling is equal to the width, then the height should be increased.
- In the presence of other pets in the house, it is recommended to equip the ceiling in the home. He will be able to protect the beast from aggressive animals or objects falling from above.
- For elderly guinea pigs, it is not advisable to make a cage with many levels.
- All equipment for heating and air conditioning is not closer than 50 cm from the exterior walls of the building.
Let them be very fast and sharp. This can be confirmed by any owner of guinea pigs – in order to catch an animal, maybe try. The size of the design where the pet will live is very important.
In general, you should understand that this design can be more convenient than ever. If you decide to do everything on your own, then this is even better – you can choose all the necessary sizes yourself in accordance with the photos and drawings presented below.
Dimensions should be the same as in animals. In addition, the design should be not only thick, but also wood. In addition, this house will become a breeding ground for bacteria and disease.
And the possibility of dismantling the upper parts. It is clear that all due to the fact that pigs often gnaw at the bottom of the cells. In addition, if you have a dune cage, then you can do it without any problems.
Homemade Cell Benefits
- The choice of materials. When constructing cells, environmentally friendly material is used, not toxic substances. When choosing raw materials, the owner initially takes care of the health of the pet.
- Cost savings. The owner, who needs smaller quantities, acquires all the necessary parameters.
- With the expansion of the guinea pig family and with the replenishment of new pets, reconstruction of the home is possible.
- In the voluminous cage, they simply lay out the interior items of the pet: a drinking bowl, a sennik, feeding, a sleeping house, a relaxation corner, exercise equipment, a place for mineral feeding, and toys for pampering.
- The remains of the materials used in the construction of cells are used for the manufacture of climbs, labyrinths, partitions for zoning.
- An opportunity to feel like an architect. Creation of levels, manholes and general appearance of structures.
- Cleaning in a self-made cage takes less time and energy.
The makeshift cage is ideal for a permanent location.
In this case, everything depends on preferences and financial capabilities. Of course, if money allows, you can buy a terrarium, an enclosure with a pen or a dune. Why?
Metallic and nickel plated, then it will be:
- have a longer service life;
- hygienically clean;
- prevent sun exposure;
- serve longer even with continuous disinfectant treatment.
It should also be noted that the likelihood that a rodent will damage such a cage is much lower. Especially if you decide to purchase a terrarium or enclosure with a corral. In addition, structures that are made of organic glass, getinaksa or other synthetic materials are cleaner from a hygienic point of view.
In any case, at home, make sure that it is reliable. All contractors, options for the manufacture of structures, so that it is durable, is enough. Below we will look at how to make it with your own hands.
Cell Manufacturing Guide
So, on your own, you can always make a house for a rodent. Moreover, you can make good instructions.
- corrugated cardboard (the amount depends on the drawing);
- a metal grid with a small mesh size;
- plastic cable ties
- duct tape;
- meter or tape measure;
Drawing up a drawing
The size should be large, of course, if space in the apartment allows. Considering this. We will consider one of them. A variant of the drawing is given above.
Sorry, there are currently no polls available.
- According to the drawing, the calculations are based on the material, in which case corrugated board. It is better to use it because it is multi-layered. Thus, this material will bend well. All this must be cut through, that needs to be cut off completely, this can be done with an ordinary knife. When the cutting process is completed, you should begin constructive work that the protruding edges should be securely fixed with adhesive tape.
- Thus, you will get a rectangular design, the height of which will be 15 cm. Of course, the dimensions can be increased if necessary.
- To do this, it is necessary to install iron gratings of 0.3 m in size. Thus, your pet was not injured by close contact. Directly the metal panels themselves must be connected using couplers. All of this must be sized.
- In this case, they must be connected at right angles.
- This material will be less durable. As for this, the cage should be equipped with everything necessary, in particular litter, drinking bowl, feeding trough, sennik, etc. Everything depends on the imagination here.
So we cannot be complicated. Advisers listen to recommendations for home improvement:
- At the bottom, it is advisable to use a plastic pallet. It can be made of polycarbonate by connecting the sides with the structural angles. Thick, not 8 mm thick. Having spent a little more money, the owner will facilitate the cleaning process.
- The grid cells must not be larger than 2.5 mm. This is due to the safety of the animal.
- All inner surfaces of the veins should not have gaps.
- For a comfortable adaptation of a new friend, it is advisable to cover it with 2-3 side walls with an opaque coating (cardboard, dense fabric). The animals are shy and sudden movements can scare them. As you get used to the countryside type of sunlight.
- For pets practicing walks around the apartment.
- For multi-level apartments there are wooden lifts and descents along the edges need to be beaten with thin slats marked with edges. Falling mumps even from a small height is fraught with injury.
Having arranged the cell, you need to take care of the contents. It is worth using those that the pet is used to.
Simple, comfortable aviaries for families with two levels. Birds can overcome obstacles.
Three-room apartment for a rodent. The zone of sleep, rest and active games is demarcated. The cage is designed for a large family.
Residential complex for an energetic pet. Toys for children and children correspond to all achievements and conquering peaks.
Like any living creature, a guinea pig filled with a variety of accessories. Made a cage for a pet with his own hands, the owner to express love and care.
So what to consider:
- The cage should not feel comfortable.
- Corrugated cardboard, plastic or other durable material can be used as material.
- Iron for the grate should be as strong as possible.
- Regularly my cell body.
- The cage should be made in such a way that it can be disassembled and remembered without any problems.
- The larger the space, the more comfortable the animal.
- The air temperature in the room should be around 22 degrees. It should not be too hot or cold.
At home, you can build for:
- cardboard paper, shoe boxes;
- metal gratings (cage). They are covered with fabric;
- flower pots;
- plastic pipes;
- designer parts;
- food plastic;
- paper bag.
Plastic can harm a pet’s health. Do not allow your pet to gnaw a house made of plastic.
Replace it with a wooden or paper one.
Wooden housing is best for guinea pigs. Such a house will last a long time. Even if the pet wants to sharpen its teeth against the walls. Cardboard and fabric houses will soon have to be replaced with new ones.
Summing up, I want to note that you need to give him time to get comfortable. You can not force the pet to be pushed first and not give free access. It is undesirable and specially to pull the pig from a new house. The animal in response to such treatment can become aggressive. Let the animal adapt to new conditions. And he will certainly thank his caress for the new apartment.