When guinea pigs are kept indoors, hygiene issues arise. Like all animals rodent waste products have a specific smell.
To do this, you need to not only kill the cell in a timely manner, but also take care of the stomach. However, the owners know exactly how to do it right.
Can I bathe a guinea pig?
Shiny and thick hair, clean skin – this is not only a pleasant appearance, but also an indicator of the health of the animal. Owners, and part – lies with the owner.
Different types of plants for their pets were divided. Some believe that you can’t bathe an animal. Their wool has the property of self-cleaning. Other relative water treatments are mandatory. In fact, many representatives of guinea pigs cannot be too clean, they can fog up the remnants of food and filler.
To recall the life of these animals in vivo.
Guinea pigs are terrestrial animals, but their swimming ability is innate.
In the wild, spray sometimes has to overcome small water barriers to rescue from predators or in search of food. In addition, they sometimes have to endure long rains. It can be concluded that forced water procedures do not contradict the natural conditions of life of animals. Therefore, at home they are also not contraindicated.
How often do you need to wash a pig
Frequencies of bathing days pet owners are set individually. One animal requires regular washing, and the other successfully exists without it.
A pig bath is a necessary measure. You can timely eliminate the cause and / or source of existence.
The reason for washing can be:
- unpleasant odor from the coat;
- contamination with feces and urine;
- upcoming exhibition event;
- the final treatment for diseases of the coat and skin, if ointments and pungent odors were used.
If the animal’s hair is dyed in grass juice, berries, fruits, vegetables, then such pollution can be wiped with a damp cloth. The pet eats every day.
There are situations when swimming is deadly for an animal and it’s better to refuse it. Rodents cannot be washed:
- in the first days after the appearance of the house;
- while waiting for offspring;
- if the animal is unhealthy;
- very young rodents.
If the animal is actively protesting and loudly indignant. In this case, it is better to postpone the procedure. Nervous stress for the animal is much more dangerous than dirty hair.
In these cases, it is better to use wet wipes. In addition, the correct content in the gastrointestinal tract and gastrointestinal tract. BUT they can wash themselves with the help of tongue and paws themselves.
Rules for conducting water procedures
Washing guinea pigs is different than washing dogs and cats. If the procedure will be carried out for the first time, that is, within 5-6 days. Usually the animal likes it a lot.
It can be planted in a basin or dry sink. We had to get used to it. You can give your pig a favorite treat.
3-4 days after this, you can proceed to the next stage of preparation and open the water. She must not fall on the rodent.
When all the steps have been completed, you can start washing. It is convenient to do this with two technologies:
- using a watering can with warm water and a basin;
- pouring water in the sink.
To wash you need to cook:
- a diaper or towel;
- cotton pads;
- baby or special shampoo with a neutral pH;
- a small amount of vegetable oil;
- household gloves;
- hair dryer.
The animal also needs to be trained gradually to a working hair dryer. Otherwise, it can cause severe stress and even death.
15 minutes before swimming, you need to lubricate the crusts in the area of the anal glands, they become soft and wash off easily.
Having prepared everything you need, you can start the procedure:
- hands are best protected with gloves;
- planting animals in a small amount of water not higher than the abdomen, its temperature is 37 degrees;
- if the animal bathes in the sink, then you can drain, and not next to it;
- out of water or with all his might, so as not to raise the container above the animal, this can scare him;
- during the procedure;
- pay special attention to the sebaceous gland;
- watering the animal, wash off the foam;
- You can just wipe it with a damp disc.
It remains to dry the pet after washing. To do this, you can simply complete it 2-3 times. If your pet is not afraid of the hair dryer, then you can dry it with warm air with simultaneous combing.
During washing, do not:
- leave the animal unattended;
- to water its surface of the head, eyes and ears;
- use too cold or too hot water;
- release a rodent with wet hair into a cage with sawdust.
All that is needed against is to explode. Despite the fact that some of them have nothing to do with water procedures.