The decision to get a pet is extremely serious. It is necessary not only to feed, but also to create good living conditions for him: to equip the cage with a house, toys, etc.
And all you need is a guinea pig.
Minimum requirements for conditions of detention
Before you get a guinea pig, it is important to create the necessary conditions for it. It is worth making sure that the animal is not exhausted from the lack of space.
The temperature regime is also extremely important and should be in the range of 17-20º C.
The room will be in a cage with a rodent. but drafts are forbidden to the animal. Given that direct sunlight can harm a loved one.
When you want to figure out which apartments the animal needs. Specific parameters are not easy to call, because they are individual for each guinea pig.
Minimum requirements for a comfortable pet stay:
- 40 × 80 cm – the smallest cell sizes, height from 50 cm;
- the presence of a pallet. This condition will facilitate the cleaning process. I have the opportunity to choose too deep containers.
- it is forbidden to neglect safety. Guinea pigs are harmful;
- convenient feeding trough. The practitioner will help you choose the right kitchen equipment for the animal. Some prefer floor bowls, others prefer retractable or outdoor structures. The main thing is that it is convenient for the pet to interrupt the feeder, pouring out its contents;
- the presence of a sennik. Hay is an indispensable nutritional supplement in the diet of guinea pigs, because it is the main source of protein. In the presence of such an interior item, the pet does not scatter food throughout the cage;
- drinking bowl. Guinea pig is suitable as a special device, or a simple bowl. but it is better to give preference to a car drink. The litter will remain dry;
- filler. For a rodent, pressed wood pellets are best suited. Such a filler absorbs moisture, eliminates odor and is economically consumed;
- house. Rest in Peace and quiet. The presence of a house in the cage will help the animal out of the surrounding noise and sleep.
We create a house for a guinea pig with our own hands
It’s extremely easy to build a rodent hut. For this purpose, materials that are found in every home are suitable. We offer several options how to make a house for a guinea pig with your own hands.
For building all you need is a pair of scissors and a shoe box (for example).
We cut several holes to the size of the pet, they served as the entrance. Then just turn the workpiece in the Aviary.
You can additionally include imagination and decorate the house: make a decorative roof, pipe, etc. See how it is made in the photo and drawing.
Step-by-step creation of a corrugated cardboard house
Let’s look at one more option. To make it, you just need corrugated cardboard. Prepare also non-toxic glue and a model knife.
Step 1: Cut the walls of the house
To cut walls, measure the size of the cells. Then draw a rectangle of the desired size (the dimensions of the house in the photo are 45 × 25 × 19 cm) and cut them out. Designate and cut out doors and windows. If you paint the walls of cardboard in the form of "beams", the building will look more attractive.
Step 2: Connect the Walls
To begin, prepare square with a side of 6.5 cm and cut them diagonally. The resulting triangles are attached to the corners. Side walls at an angle of 90 degrees, which gives the structure rigidity and stability (see photo). Then connect the walls.
Step 3: Attach the roof
To do this, you need a piece of cardboard measuring 25 × 45 cm (if you have the same dimensions at home as the model in the photo) and stick it on top. Make sure the glue doesn’t smell. For greater security, the house can be ventilated.
Step 4: Place the house in a cage
Put the house in a cage near the side wall. Your pet will surely enjoy the new home.
It is important to stock up with a hammer and nails, wood plywood, saw or jigsaw, sandpaper. It is worth cutting four proportional squares that fit the size of a guinea pig. In one part, armed with a saw, it is important to cut out the “front door”.
All saw cuts must be cleaned with sandpaper so that the pet is not injured. We connect the walls with nails, we try to hide the hats and ends.
The roof can be made of plywood or fabric.
House of plastic pipes
Best ideas with photos
Fixed wood shelter
This option is very easy to do. It will take only a couple of sheets of plywood, a hammer and nails, a saw. A guinea pig cannot be reinstalled on a cage, making noise.
To make this building is not so simple. However, it is worth the effort, and the reviews should not only be reliable and calm, but also simulators in the form of a ladder.
This version of the house is simple to manufacture. Strong twigs and nails are required. Such a piece of furniture will undoubtedly please a pet. It can use as a toy.
Boudoir for the Princess
Hands can be housed with your own hands and put in a spacious cage.
Or sew small houses-covers in which the pet will be comfortable.
Still home improvement ideas for the pet.
Do not ignore the above requirements, this allows the pet to remain in a good mood and not get sick. And the house is the main component of a good cage. Rest in peace and quiet.