Our pets spend long hours in secluded places. Houses, small shelters, minks, things of the owners, this attracts both large and small pets, because they need security. These animals simply love to be on a hill, surrounded by cozy walls. Guinea pigs cannot be ruled out, but for them you can put a very interesting design right in the cage. They differ from each other only in appearance.
Types of hammocks for guinea pigs
For guinea pigs, you can choose one of three types of hammocks:
- Straight. This hammock occupies a large number of places.
- Corner takes up less space and is suitable for smaller cells. You can place it in any convenient corner without affecting the rest of the cell area.
- A hammock house will be the perfect solution. It performs two functions at once than a direct one.
Necessary materials for sewing a hammock
Almost any person is needed to create a cozy hammock for your guinea pig. Many manufacturers use the worst fabrics, so the home-made option can be considered ideal. To create the perfect home for your pet. What is needed for this design?
- A suitable piece of fabric of any kind allows the use of soft fabrics to provide comfort.
- Softer fabric for lining, pieces of fleece or old home clothes can be used. A synthetic winterizer or filling from ordinary cotton wool is also suitable.
- Measuring sewing tape or ruler.
- Sharp scissors.
- Thread and a piece of rope.
- Marker, pencil or bar of soap.
- Sewing needle.
- For a hammock house, you will also need cardboard.
- Decor elements, optional.
Making a rectangular hammock
For this we need:
- Cut two pieces of cotton, jeans or other dense fabric, about 40×40 or 35×35 cm in size. Cut a smaller piece, about 5 cm.
- Sew the edges inside out, leaving one unstitched.
- Bring out the product, put pieces of lining in it, you can use fleece or a dense synthetic winterizer.
- Sew a hammock, trim the rest outside with ribbon or other embellishments, if desired.
- Made in an edge hole; loops formed for placement in a cage.
Making a corner hammock
This method is not too different from the previous one, but requires a little more effort. It is worth learning not only the length of two sides, but also the edge of the triangle. Getting to the manufacture of products:
- Measure the distance in the cage to build the perfect angle. Measure both sides, transfer them to the fabric and connect the third. Try to learn the size of a hammock to fit your cage, so as not to occupy most of it.
- Before stitching all sides of the hammock, insert insulation material inside. Cut pieces from fleece or synthetic winterizer, make it slightly smaller than the main blanks.
- Make a hole on all sides of the triangle by inserting loops of rope or carbines into them.
- Install a hammock in a cage, tie it to two sides and fasten in the middle.
How to make a hammock house
The hammock should be a little more powerful than the previous ones, however, the guinea pig can not only sleep in it, but also spend most of its day.
- First of all, you need to do two different things from dense material.
- Sizes will be between 110 cm wide and 45 in length. Calculate the blanks based on the size of the cage and the size of your pet.
- Next, cut out two rectangles proportional to the base, count them as the roof for your hammock. Size is approximately 50 by 40 cm.
- Rectangular blank. Instead of putting a piece of thick cardboard pre-cut 5 cm. Less than fabric blanks.
- It is also based on a cardboard base, which can be comfortable in his home.
- Connect the roof and the base, stitch both parts of the structure.
- If desired, after making the base, you can make the back wall of the house, measure the finished structure and fit semicircular patterns under it. Let’s make it a little convex.
- Sew the back cover carefully to your home.
- We make a hole on the four sides of the roof, you can sheathe a hole. Next, we thread the eyelets or carbines in them.
- We install the finished construction in a cage.
How to teach a guinea pig to a hammock
Almost all mushrooms, and just animals, are used to hiding in secluded places, doing without home, houses and other cozy structures, and some of them can move to completely cold places, and they need to train a guinea pig in a hammock. If the pet ignores the taste, you can have a bite. Interesting, discovered all the advantages of the new toy.
If you recently tried to find a cage, you tried to find a pig in your apartment, and after that indulge it with toys. Wait a couple, three months. The animal will calm down and be able to take a new guest into the cage.
The cells on the floor should be too small and short, they will be completely uncomfortable to climb onto the general structure. You should not make the order very overhanging, they have a rather large spine, not adapted to stay in such places. In addition, they can be made of durable fasteners. It is worth thinking about his health.
The hammock also requires periodic care to keep it clean and hygienic. As it appears. In the event that the rodent begins to drag its food into it or defecate, it is worth refusing to use it.
For washing, it is worth using means without fragrances and odors, you can use baby shampoo or soap. For more thorough cleaning, it is necessary to use chemical flavors.
Tissue cannot be found in guinea pigs. These animals must tie the ropes, so for the suspension it is better to use carbines or a denser rope.