He just needs his own house, the role of which is performed by the cell. It will be simply impossible. What cage is needed for a domestic rodent? How to make a cage for a guinea pig with your own hands? What should be the dimensions of a makeshift design? You will learn about this below.
Let them be very fast and sharp. This can be confirmed by any owner of guinea pigs – in order to catch an animal, maybe try. The size of the design where the pet will live is very important.
In general, you should understand that this design can be more convenient than ever. If you decide to do everything on your own, then this is even better – you can choose all the necessary sizes yourself in accordance with the photos and drawings presented below. Dimensions should be the same as in animals. In addition, the design should be not only thick, but also wood. In addition, this house will become a breeding ground for bacteria and disease.
And the possibility of dismantling the upper parts. It is clear that all due to the fact that pigs often gnaw at the bottom of the cells. In addition, if you have a dune cage, then you can do it without any problems. As an alternative to making cell bottom. At a minimum, days should be plastic for hygiene reasons.
Which is better: homemade or purchased cell?
In this case, everything depends on preferences and financial capabilities. Of course, if money allows, you can buy a terrarium, an enclosure with a pen or a dune. Why?
Metallic and nickel plated, then it will be:
- have a longer service life;
- hygienically clean;
- prevent sun exposure;
- serve longer even with continuous disinfectant treatment.
It should also be noted that the likelihood that a rodent will damage such a cage is much lower. Especially if you decide to purchase a terrarium or enclosure with a corral. In addition, structures that are made of organic glass, getinaksa or other synthetic materials are cleaner from a hygienic point of view. Among other things, they are more resistant to chemical elements. As for the combined materials, it is much easier to make them, so their cost is lower.
In any case, at home, make sure that it is reliable. All contractors, options for the manufacture of structures, so that it is durable, is enough. Below we will look at how to make it with your own hands.
Cell Manufacturing Guide
So, on your own, you can always make a house for a rodent. Moreover, you can make good instructions.
Necessary tools and materials
- corrugated cardboard (the amount depends on the drawing);
- a metal grid with a small mesh size;
- plastic cable ties
- duct tape;
- meter or tape measure;
Drawing up a drawing
The size should be large, of course, if space in the apartment allows. Considering this. We will consider one of them. A variant of the drawing is given above.
Sorry, there are currently no polls available.
- According to the drawing, the calculations are based on the material, in which case corrugated board. It is better to use it because it is multi-layered. Thus, this material will bend well. All this must be cut through, that needs to be cut off completely, this can be done with an ordinary knife. When the cutting process is completed, you should begin constructive work that the protruding edges should be securely fixed with adhesive tape.
- Thus, you will get a rectangular design, the height of which will be 15 cm. Of course, the dimensions can be increased if necessary.
- To do this, it is necessary to install iron gratings of 0.3 m in size. Thus, your pet was not injured by close contact. Directly the metal panels themselves must be connected using couplers. All of this must be sized.
- In this case, they must be connected at right angles.
- This material will be less durable. As for this, the cage should be equipped with everything necessary, in particular litter, drinking bowl, feeding trough, sennik, etc. Everything depends on the imagination here.
So what to consider:
- The cage should not feel comfortable.
- Corrugated cardboard, plastic or other durable material can be used as material.
- Iron for the grate should be as strong as possible.
- Regularly my cell body.
- The cage should be made in such a way that it can be disassembled and remembered without any problems.
- The larger the space, the more comfortable the animal.
- The air temperature in the room should be around 22 degrees. It should not be too hot or cold.
Video “Cage for a pig”
Presented on video.